Just last week I got to see my old friend Frieda, for the first time in five years. That was such a treat! I so wish that Frieda lived closer again, so we could see her more often. That's me in the middle, of course, wearing, (according to my daughter) my Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, outfit. LOL. And Eileen on the right, is looking somewhat pensive or is that peeked? LOL. (Kind of a bad picture, actually, but it's the only one with Frieda in it too.)
Anyway, before I get myself in trouble, here is:
You WON'T see cutesy little smiley faces on this card-
Just the stone cold truth of our great friendship.
1. When you are sad, I will jump on the person who made you sad like a spider monkey jacked up on Mountain Dew!!!
2. When you are blue, I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
3. When you smile, I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.
4.When you're scared, we will high tail it out of here.
5. When you are worried,
I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining, ya big baby!!!!
6. When you are confused,I will use little words.
7. When you are sick,
Stay away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.
8. When you fall, I'll pick you up and dust you off-- After I laugh my rear off!!
9. This is my oath...I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask;-- because you are my FRIEND!
I would also like to mention that lovely Carol, at The Writer's Porch interviewed North Carolina Author Gary Carden recently, and had a give away of one of his signed books, and two DVDs, to three lucky commenter's on the post. And guess what? I won First Place! Which meant that I had first dibs on the prizes and chose the signed copy of Gary's book "Mason Jars in the Flood." Woow Hoo! Thank you Carol. I can't wait to read the book.
Last but not least, I had another acceptance and contract in the mail this week. This one for the story "A Light in the Closet" which will be in the "Christmas Miracles" book, published by St. Martins Press and in bookstores in October of this year. Woo Hoo!
Thank you for reading. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
Blessings from the woods.